Beyond the Door offers a free consultation in your home to discuss our services and to make a preliminary assessment of your child’s needs.
Available in the Greater Toronto Area and Barrie/Simcoe County
Beyond the Door Behaviour Associates offers Best Practice Standards, year round individualized programs based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis and Skinner’s analysis of Verbal Behaviour and is bound by the BACB http://bacb.com and OACCPP http://www.oaccpp.ca/ Code of Ethics.
HOME /COMMUNITY based ABA/IBI INTERVENTIONS
Greater Toronto Area and Simcoe County - Barrie
Our fees start at $39 per hour.
Intervention packages are customized to the fit the needs of the child and family.
We service Private as well as Funded clients. Therapy can take place in the home, at daycare or at your child’s private school.
BTD Full service packages include but are not limited to:
About the Program
* Programs are personalized intensive interventions utilizing the science based principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), with emphasis on Verbal Behaviour
* We use a combination of Discrete Trial Training, Precision Teaching, Direct Instruction, Incidental Teaching and Natural Environment Teaching to teach a variety of skills including but not limited to:
Communication skills- Receptive and Expressive language
Academic skills- Math, Reading, Writing
Visual Performance skills
Social Play and Leisure skills
Fine and Gross Motor skills
Self Help skills - dressing, eating, grooming, toileting
* Behaviour Management through functional analysis
* Relationship building and language based play activities, teach children vital social skills required to communicate and cooperate with others.
* Errorless Teaching techniques set children up for success and promotes healthy and positive self esteem.
* Natural Environment Teaching techniques generalize learned skills and behaviours.
* ABLLS-R and VB-MAPP assessments are a guide for program development
* Consistent monitoring and supervision by a Program Director/Senior Therapist and Clinical Director (BCBA) ensures learning progress.
* BTD has an association with approved Psychologists for DFO clients.
* We collaborate with auxiliary service providers such as Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists or Schools as requested and necessary.
Families of children enrolled in our ABA/IBI program receive training as part of the package and these services are also available to families waiting for funding or do not receive funding. EARLY intervention is very important and waiting looses precious learning time!
Our Training services are ideal for parents/family or caregiver. We teach the basic principles of ABA and instruction techniques so that you can participate in the child’s intervention. BTD provides printed materials as well as hands on practical training.
BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION AND MANAGEMENT
BTD specialises in improving problem behaviours that interfere with family life, school learning and socialising. Our services are not limited to children with neuro-developmental disorders.
If your child is “out of control” and family/school or social life is suffering – we can help!
By analysing the function of the behaviour we are able to implement strategies to modify/eradicate undesirable behaviour and increase desired behaviour.
This service includes parent/family training and/or 1:1 coaching.